Blogging is a Passive Income Strategy
So, how is the blog passive, and not active? I mean if bloggers are making money blogging, surely you can too. Well, the same reason why it's great, and provides the benefits as I made mention before, are the same reasons that makes it passive.
It's a dynamic format. Now, even though blogging has been in our lives for the past decade now, it still doesn't provide enough familiarity for it to make it an active income. Let's consider for a moment a traditional website, vs this blog to show you what I mean.
I have a post that talks about, me. A very delightful topic I might add. Usually a website would also have a similar page, call about us. Or something along those lines. The article of my about me is on a dynamic format. Since this blog is still an infant, the website is going to be on the first page for a little while, but in time, it will be deep in the system.
On a traditional website, about us pages are usually somewhere in the navigation. It will be there for all of time, if the website don't get updated. Even if a website were updated, it usually done visually. So, it's always going to be in the same place, this about us. I could change the look of this blog, and my about me page will always be deep inside of the system.
You have to search it out. Chances are, people don't search in a blog. They search in a search engine. This is how people find the articles in the first place. Let's make this more practical. If you were selling a pair of shoes on a blog. It's passive, because you're showcasing a item for just a moment.
It might be a shoe that's highly sought after,but its in a blog. Probably as a review, where as if you had the same shoe in a store page of your website. Chances are the sale is going to happen. Secondly, it's usually going to be in the same area of the website also.
I mean, we all know how to navigate around a site. Its nature now. Yet when it comes to blogs, if its not a front and center item or topic, it will be buried in the system only discoverable by search engines. Again, if the shoe was on the front page, 3 months from now it's going to be deep in the system.
With a website, its a page that's easily obtainable through navigation. You can still make money through blogging, but that's only through passive selling points, or ads. Keep in mind, think from a users stand point. Speaking personally here, I seek articles to inform me of products and services. I need to know. Not saying 100% of the people are like me, but there are those out there like me.
Still speaking personally. I probably have the item up on another tab, but searching for answers concerning the product. Blogs are a great way to inform us, to teach us. As a selling platform, it's passive. Not active. So, don't get me wrong. Blogs are great tools. You can make money with blogs, but keep in mind the limitations. Which is, the dynamic aspect is going to bury it deep in the system, then only found through search engines.
I hope you found this article useful, and that you will still try to sell from the blog if you can. Active income or passive income. In the end it's income. Which is what we want. Have a great day!

0 comments: