Keeping your services simple is more rewarding
I told you that introduction because, I didn't have the same experience recently. I try to think of how I am treated, and not to say I was treated unfairly, but the place I was at tried to do a lot of up selling. Which isn't a bad thing. I understand you have a product or some sort of promotion. In fact, its all about the sale. How can I make money off of you is the question. How can I make even more money off of you if possible?
Now, this isn't a question weather or not options are good or bad, but its about doing due diligence in your business practice. So, let me explain what happened. I took off from Wisconsin to visit family in Alabama. I don't want to give the name of the fast food joint I was at, because they aren't bad, its just something I noticed. Let me also verify this isn't me trying to give a bad review, but to share with you something you may want to consider in your business.
Now, many fast foods have some sort of combo orders. We know McDonald's revolutionized the value of having a numbering system for your orders. Keeping us from having to guess at all we want. Making ordering even faster.
In my mind, and it may be just me, but when I make a combo order, I know what I want, and what I seen in the picture is what I want. Which is my reason for choosing it. Suddenly, I am asked what kind of bread, what kind of cheese, should the bread I want have seeds or not, do I want fries with 3 different varieties. To confirm here, I'm not at Subway. That is what I expect there. Of course the statement of the fries gave it away.
Just if I am ordering a cheese burger combo. I am asking for a cheeseburger, fries and a beverage. If I wanted a change, I would certainly so. Thanks to Burger King, we can have our way just about everywhere we go. So, really, I was hoping to say my number, and be done. Now, I am referring to these popular well known fast food places as to how they do a few things. Granted I get the same treatment at McDonald's and Burger King. Where I can order a number then I am having to sign my life away before wrap up the order.
While I was waiting, I thought to myself, you know a few options is not going to hurt them at all. To say, Cheeseburger Combo, and that's it. I would be happy. If I wanted my burger on a different bun, I would ask. Even if you said, no. I would be fine and accept it. Before writing this article, I did a small research of real people consisting of 3 or 4 Facebook friends. To see how they felt. Now, even though we were 100% in agreement. That doesn't mean we're right. Though I feel we're not alone.
This is a article to talk about why you want to keep your options small. I mean, there are a few things where options are necessary. For instance, my Social Media Services. You need to know that saying I want social media services isn't a simple matter. As they consist of: Facebook, Google, and Twitter.
Now, I intend to roll out some social media combos taking a cue from big business, but that's to give you more for less. Now, when I meet with clients and we discuss about the services. It's about trying to simplifying the process. Sometimes up selling is fine to do. If you have a promotion, chances are, I'm not going to know about that. I think though a promotion that fits my needs, has a greater chance of getting a sale.
I really want to stress to you how having a few options doesn't reflect poorly on you. A fine example is this. There was a study about options. The study had 2 tables of Jelly. One table had 3 jelly flavors. Another table had like 15 flavors. We learned that people aren't trying to decisions. Time is of the essence. Which we learned, and the table that had just 3 flavors was dominated.
I know you have skills, and you have the talents to do what we need. That's why we called you. We searched on Google, and found you on the top. We chose between 10 people who were like you. So we are ready to buy with you. It's important to make it the quickest route from entry to pay as quickly as possible.
One of the reasons why I try to put the pay now button (except for Social Media) is to get you my visitors to avoid as many clicks as I can get.

0 comments: